The commonly used hop varieties are: Cascade, Cascade, Williamamette, Saaz, Czech, Qingdao Flower, Qingdao, China.
The world ’s top hop production rankings are: 39% in the United States (accounting for total world output), 34% in Germany, 7% in the Czech Republic, 6% in China, 2% in the United Kingdom, and the remaining 12%.
The alpha-acid content of traditional aroma hops is generally not high, and the ratio of alpha-acid to beta-resin is generally less than 1; the content of aroma hop oil is often lower than the bitter hops, which indicates that the aroma of hops is related to the composition of hop oil It has nothing to do with its content; fragrant hops generally have poor disease resistance and low yield.
The bitter hops have high α-acid content, and the ratio of α-acid to β-resin is generally greater than 1. The bitter hops generally have higher hop oil content than the aromatic hops, mainly due to the higher content of geranene; the bitter hops are generally The disease resistance is strong and the yield is relatively high.
If you can cultivate a variety that is both sweet and bitter, it will be of great benefit to improve the quality of beer and the utilization rate of hops.
(1) Judging by the content ratio of α-acid and β-resin, α-acid / β-resin> 1 is generally bitter hops. Alpha-acid / beta-resin <1 is generally an aromatic hop.
(2) The content of humulone in fragrant hops generally accounts for less than 25% of the α-acid content, or even lower. Bitter hops generally account for more than 30% of alpha-acids, or even higher.
(3) The content of polyphenols and sesquiterpene oxides in fragrant flowers is higher than that of bitter flowers, while the content of α-acid is lower than that of bitter flowers. -The acid ratio can also identify bitter and fragrant flowers.
(4) The epoxide of humulene is one of the main sources of hop aroma. The humulene content of fragrant flowers is generally higher than that of bitter flowers. Hops quality can also be evaluated from the ratio of humulene to caryophyllene in sesquiterpene, and the higher ratio is preferred
(5) Different hop varieties have different chromatographic peak types of hop oil. Regardless of the origin and climate conditions of the same variety, the peak types of hop oil are basically similar, which can be used to identify varieties.
If you want to ask anything just fill in the form below and send us.
Five vessels craft beer brewhouse system suppliers,Double mash tun+double kettle tun，4000L beer brewhouse with the beer ...>More >>
Turnkey brewing equipment supply-WEMAC can supply turnkey brewing equipment system.We are one of the most excellent turn...>More >>
WEMAC beer equipment manufacturer is a well-known all in one brewing system, with more than 60 years of experience in th...>More >>
1000L electric steam heating beer brewing brewhouse，sell well in Romania.Personalized customization, a variety of heatin...>More >>
All size brewery for sale,WEMAC Provide turnkey service for beer brewing system,Professional brewers and technical engin...>More >>
WEMAC specializes in undertaking large, medium and small beer brewing turnkey projects, the quality of WEMAC meets the G...>More >>
WEMAC provides a turnkey system for a modern beer brewing factory. From the storage and crushing of raw materials and ma...>More >>
Heating System - Electric, Steam, or Direct Fire
Brew House Tanks
Brew House Controls